About Tara Philcox, PMHNP-BC
Tara is a board-certified psychiatric mental health nurse practitioner who helps adults with addiction, anxiety, depression, and post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD). She also provides LGBTQIA+-related care and can complete same-day initial evaluations. Tara’s modalities can include cognitive and dialectical behavioral therapies, and motivational interviewing. She connects with her patients on a personal level and is open to learning how to better serve them. Tara has a familial history of addiction, anxiety, and depression that went untreated. She wants to help others, so they don’t go through what she experienced. Tara is active with her family and enjoys fishing, working on vehicles, and taking family vacations.
Tara also treats opioid and alcohol use disorders with Suboxone and other evidenced-based practice methods to achieve current and future sobriety, a return to health and wellness and improved daily life.
Education & Certifications
Master of Science in Nursing, Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner (MSN, PMHNP) Jacksonville University
Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) University of West Florida
- Attention Deficit and Hyperactivity Disorder
- Anxiety Disorders
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder
- Bipolar I & II (w/o psychosis)
- Adjustment Disorder
- Feeding & Eating Disorder
- Personality Disorders
- Somatic Symptom Disorders/Pain
- Alcohol Use Disorder
- Drug Use Disorder
- Buprenorphine/Suboxone Treatment
- LGBTQI+ Related Needs
- PTSD/Trauma and Stress Related Disorders
- Generalized Anxiety Disorder
- Attention Deficit Disorder
- Treatment Resistant Depression
- Impulse Control Disorders
- Depression with Suicidality
- Depression w/Psychosis
- Severe Bipolar w/Psychosis
- Depressive Disorders
- Psychiatric Evaluation
Don’t see your plan? Call us at 855-501-1004 to see if you are covered.
Insurance plans may vary by location and are subject to change.