About Tanya Bush, PMHNP
Tanya worked in the diagnostic industry and for a biotechnology company for several years, with a specific focus in diabetes – which enhanced her interest in the relationship between mind and body, particularly with chronic disease. She later returned to school, earning degrees in nursing from UNC-Chapel Hill and Western Kentucky University. Tanya has experience working with patients of all ages, having provided psychiatric services in Community Health Clinics, private practice, at the bedside in nursing homes, and by telepsychiatry. She and her husband recently moved back to North Carolina and she looks forward to making new friends and finding opportunities for serving in her new hometown.
Partial List of Treatment Areas
- Adjustment Concerns
- Alcohol Use
- Anxiety / Stress
- Bariatric Surgery Evaluation
- Bipolar I & II
- Cognitive Disorder
- Depression with Psychosis
- Depression with Suicidality
- Developmental Disability / Autism
- Drug Use
- Generalized Anxiety Disorder
- Impulse Control (non-alcohol / drug)
- Memory Concerns
- Personality Disorder
- Psychological Aspects of Mental Illness
- Schizophrenia / Schizoaffective
- Severe Bipolar with Psychosis
- Suboxone Treatment
- Tourette's Syndrome
- Traumatic Brain Injury
- Treatment Resistant Depression
Education & Certifications
– Bachelor of Science, Nursing from University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill
– Master of Nursing from Western Kentucky University
– American Society of Clinical Pathologists (ASCP): Registered Medical Technologist
– New Product Development Professional Certification
– Member of International Society of Psychiatric-Mental Health Nurses
July 26, 2021
The care, consideration, and professionalism we have experienced have been truly wonderful.
July 3, 2021
My provider is a great listener! The team at MP is patient-centered. Wonderful experience
June 28, 2021
Ms.Bush s willingness to listen and communicate with me about my medication management without hassle. I enjoy the one on one and comfortable sessions which I have not always found with providers.
June 24, 2021
She was very nice and understanding
May 21, 2021
They are very caring about everything I talk about. This is a wonderful place and I m very thankful I found someone that I feel comfortable talking to.
May 10, 2021
It's really just how Dr. Bush seems to genuinely care about her patients. It's easy to talk to her and work with her. Everything's worked great within the somewhat strict parameters. I appreciate the care that's been given to me.
May 4, 2021
She made it clear I shouldn t feel ashamed for feeling the way I feel.
April 28, 2021
The therapist is very kind and helpful.
April 26, 2021
Sometimes I have a lot of apprehension about addressing my Mental Health issues but Nurse Practitioner Bush actively listens & addresses each issue carefully. I feel like I have a provider who cares.
April 15, 2021
Transitioning to virtual visits for my healthcare has been seamless. The provider still manages to remember me though she's seen hundreds of patients between visits. Thank you! Mental health stability is hard-fought and you made it rather effortless.
April 1, 2021
I enjoy working with Tanya very much and look forward to our sessions.