About Nkem Nkwonta, MBBS, MS, MSN, PMHNP-BCNk Nkwonta is a board-certified psychiatric mental health nurse practitioner. Nk's areas of focus include anxiety, depression, bipolar disorder, psychotic spectrum disorders, and post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD). She focuses on preventative wellness and uses an approach that involves the mind, body, environment, and spirit. Nk’s treatment modalities may include motivational interviewing, Socratic questioning, and integrative psychiatry. She pursued a career in mental health to gain knowledge about the human mind and behavior and to better understand the integrative nature of mental and physical illnesses. Nk enjoys visiting new places and making new connections.
Education & Certifications
Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery (M.B.B.S) University of Nigeria
Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) Duke University
Master of Science in Healthcare Administration (M.S.) California State University, Bakersfield
Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) Duke University
- Anxiety Disorders
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder
- Bipolar I & II (w/o psychosis)
- Adjustment Disorder
- Feeding & Eating Disorder
- Pregnancy/Post-Partum Conditions
- PTSD/Trauma and Stress Related Disorders
- Generalized Anxiety Disorder
- Treatment Resistant Depression
- Impulse Control Disorders
- Women's Health - Hormonal Imbalance
- Depression with Suicidality
- Depressive Disorders
Don’t see your plan? Call us at 855-501-1004 to see if you are covered.
Insurance plans may vary by location and are subject to change.