About Michele Walker, LCMHC
Michele knows that everyone needs help and someone to talk to some of the time. She believes that throughout life people encounter lessons that shape them and therefore, she works to help individuals, families and couples transform these learning opportunities into increased quality of life. Ms. Walker is passionate about helping people realize their potential, become their most authentic selves and have healthy relationships. As a provider she works with her patients to identify their wants, needs, challenges and abilities in order to improve their everyday functioning, communication, and interactions. She utilizes client-centered, strengths-based visioning and incorporates various therapeutic techniques and modalities including but not limited to Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT), mindfulness practices, Trauma-informed therapy and Psychodynamic therapy. Michele repeatedly sees people gain a better understanding of themselves through exploration and psychoeducation and, as a counselor, she helps her clients help themselves in their current situations. She says of her work, “My clients have what they need, I just help them access it.”
Partial List of Treatment Areas
- Major Life Change: grief, divorce, etc
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
- Couples/Marital Therapy
- PTSD - Childhood Trauma
- Family / Parenting Therapy
- PTSD - Victim of Abuse
- Parent/Child Concerns
- LGBTQ+ Care
- Postpartum Depression
- Sex / Pornography Addiction
- PTSD - Single Incident/Shock
- LGBTQ+ CareSignifies post graduate education in gender and sexual diversity and recognizes specialization in LGBTQ+ care.
Education & Certifications
– Master of Arts in Clinical Mental Health Counseling from North Carolina Central University in Durham, NC
– Trained in Crisis Prevention Intervention, Crisis Response and Planning, Person-Centered Planning, Motivational Interviewing, CPR, First Aid, the Seven Challenges program and levels of care assessment tools for children, adolescents and adults
July 29, 2020
It was a very healing experience and I am very relieved that I went. She was able to answer all of my questions and she gave me a better understanding of what counseling is about.
July 27, 2020
It was a great experience, it was a non formal conversation that I felt really good about. It wasn't too overwhelming so it made the experience really good for me.