About Melanie Reynolds, MSW, LCSW
Ms. Reynolds wants people to have the life they desire and feel good about. From a young age, she pursued knowledge of psychology, an interest that intensified after seeing a friend in high school struggle with the lack of resources available to help her recover from an eating disorder. Down-to-earth and relatable, Melanie helps people cultivate a way of being that matches their values and meets their long-term goals. She prioritizes patient comfort, recognizing how this allows people to open up and dialogue with her. In particular, she deeply appreciates Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT) and enjoys teaching people how dialectical thinking works and helps. Extensively trained in this therapy, she is energized when patients use these skills and feel successful.
Partial List of Treatment Areas
- Major Life Change: grief, divorce, etc
- Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT)
- TelehealthSignifies the completion of a mental health telehealth training program
Education & Certifications
– Master of Social Work from the University of North Carolina in Charlotte, NC
– Bachelor of Art in Psychology from East Carolina University in Greenville, NC
– Member of the National Association of Social Workers
June 29, 2021
May 11, 2021
If you Don t want to see a Counselor/ Therapist! Melanie is the person you want to see she s Awesome, she has a way of changing that Thought. She s awesome at what she does. Excellent listener and she s been very effective in me seeing things clearer as for my emotional transitions. Thanks for being there
April 5, 2021
Melanie is the best.
April 1, 2021
Melanie is thoughtful, insightful, and a really good listener. She offers good ideas to help with my anxiety and depression.
March 11, 2020
The therapist was very personable.