About Mary Wood, LCSWMary is passionate about normalizing mental health treatment, especially in cultures that stigmatize seeking help. She is board-certified and works with children, adolescents, and young adults until the age of 30 utilizing cognitive behavioral therapy and dialectical behavioral therapy. Mary offers couples and marital therapy, group therapy, family therapy, and provides LGBTQ+ care. She wants her patients to feel heard, empathized and encouraged. Mary incorporates humor and laughter during sessions, when appropriate. Her interest in mental health was discovered while studying criminal justice, the fight for equality, and the importance of choosing mental health treatment over incarceration. Mary celebrates each step in her patients’ progress as they gain clarity and work through challenges.
Education & Certifications
Master of Social Work (MSW) Appalachian State University
Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice (B.S.) Appalachian State University
- Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder
- Anxiety / Panic Disorders
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) Technique
- Depressive Disorders
- Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT) Technique
- Adjustment Disorder (major life change, grief, divorce)
- Bipolar Disorders
- Issues with Parent / Child
- Other Drugs
- Family Therapy
- LGBTQI+ Related Needs
- Post-Partum Depression
- Couples / Relationship / Marital Counseling
- Pregnancy / Post-Partum Conditions
- PTSD / Trauma and Stress Related Disorders
Don’t see your plan? Call us at 855-501-1004 to see if you are covered.
Insurance plans may vary by location and are subject to change.
May 26, 2022
Mary has been the best therapist Ive ever had, I always look forward to talking to her and she has helped me greatly since weve started counseling
May 26, 2022
we love Mary!