About Kristin Smith, LMFTKristin became a therapist after understanding the unique needs of her now adult children. She treats adults for anxiety, depression, marital/relationship issues, divorces, life transitions, sexuality issues, parenting, and anger management. Kristin helps her patients better utilize their innate strengths, develop new skills, and invite new perspectives to create change. She uses family systems (because no one grows up in a vacuum), cognitive behavioral therapy, dialectical behavioral therapy, person-centered therapy, and Gottman and mindfulness practices. Kristin lived and traveled throughout Asia and still loves to travel. Her educational background and personal life experience gives her a unique multi-cultural and worldly perspective.
Education & Certifications
Master of Arts in Psychology, Marriage & Family Therapy (M.A.) Phillips Graduate University
Master of Arts in Asian Studies (M.A.) California State University, Long Beach
Bachelor of Arts in Political Science, International Relations (B.A.) California State University, Santa Barbara
- Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder
- Anxiety / Panic Disorders
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) Technique
- Depressive Disorders
- Adjustment Disorder (major life change, grief, divorce)
- Developmental / Intellectual Disorders - Includes Autism Spectrum Disorders and Learning Disorders
- Bipolar Disorders
- Feeding & Eating Disorders
- Obsessive Complusive Disorder
- Family Therapy
- LGBTQI+ Related Needs
- Couples / Relationship / Marital Counseling
- Sexual Functioning
- Pregnancy / Post-Partum Conditions
- PTSD / Trauma and Stress Related Disorders
Don’t see your plan? Call us at 855-501-1004 to see if you are covered.
Insurance plans may vary by location and are subject to change.