About Karis Pearson-Parham, PHDDr. Karis Pearson-Parham pursued further education in mental health while raising four children who had a combination of Asperger's and ADHD. Dr. Pearson-Parham specializes in children and families. She uses an integrative model and utilizes cognitive behavioral therapy, dialectical behavior therapy, patient-centered therapy, solution-focused therapy, and eye movement desensitization and reprocessing. Dr. Pearson-Parham values the psycho-social-biological-spiritual needs and focus of her patients and is well-versed in cultural concerns. She has experience working with incarcerated individuals and with those who had inpatient hospitalizations. Dr. Pearson-Parham enjoys gardening, reading, spiritual practices, and traveling. Her goal is to learn to preserve all the produce she grows. Dr. Pearson-Parham's favorite motivational quote by John Lennon is “everything will be okay in the end. If it's not okay, it's not the end."
Education & Certifications
Clinical Psychology from Fielding Graduate University in Santa Barbara, CA (Ph.D.) University of California, Santa Barbara
Master of Arts in Counseling Psychology (M.A.) Bethel University
Bachelor of Science in English (B.S.) Minnesota State University
- Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder
- Anxiety / Panic Disorders
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) Technique
- Depressive Disorders
- Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT) Technique
- Adjustment Disorder (major life change, grief, divorce)
- Developmental / Intellectual Disorders - Includes Autism Spectrum Disorders and Learning Disorders
- Bipolar Disorders
- Cognitive D/O/ Dementia
- Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing
- PTSD / Trauma and Stress Related Disorders
Don’t see your plan? Call us at 855-501-1004 to see if you are covered.
Insurance plans may vary by location and are subject to change.