About Kara Sanderson, LCSWKara was inspired to become a mental health clinician after being adopted as a young child. She became interested in helping others who have been in the foster care system, which then led to providing therapy for those that had a trauma history. Kara specializes in adults suffering from anxiety, depression, and parenting issues. She utilizes cognitive behavioral therapy, dialectical behavioral therapy, parent-child interaction therapy, patient-centered therapy, play therapy, strengths-based therapy, and trauma-focused cognitive behavioral therapy. Kara provides a safe, inviting atmosphere for individuals and families that allows for the therapeutic process to start. She encourages her patients to express their concerns at their own pace. When she’s not working, Kara loves camping.
Education & Certifications
Master of Social Work (MSW) Walden University
Bachelor of Arts in Human Development (B.A.) Sonoma State University
- Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder
- Anxiety / Panic Disorders
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) Technique
- Depressive Disorders
- Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT) Technique
- Adjustment Disorder (major life change, grief, divorce)
- Bipolar Disorders
- Family Therapy
- Parent Child Interaction Therapy (PCIT)
- PTSD / Trauma and Stress Related Disorders
Don’t see your plan? Call us at 855-501-1004 to see if you are covered.
Insurance plans may vary by location and are subject to change.