About James Dowd, PA-C
Mr. Dowd knows that offering effective mindcare requires open and honest communication. He wants the people he works with to feel heard and safe enough to share any questions or concerns regarding their care. James prioritizes building a relationship of trust and respect with his patients, including them in the decision-making process and taking time to make sure they are comfortable with all decisions made. Using a team-based approach, he wants patients to know that he will work together with them to achieve optimal care. At the end of the day, his work is about improving and maintaining a high quality of life for the patient. Working with a wide range of ages, he offers medication management for multiple mindcare issues.
Partial List of Treatment Areas
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD)
- Adjustment Concerns
- Anxiety / Stress
- Bipolar I & II
- Depression with Psychosis
- Depression with Suicidality
- Compulsive Gambling
- Generalized Anxiety Disorder
- Impulse Control (non-alcohol / drug)
- Psychosis w/ Long-Acting Injectable
- Recent Hospitalization
- Schizoaffective Disorder
- Severe Bipolar with Psychosis
- Sex / Pornography Addiction
- Treatment Resistant Depression
Education & Certifications
– Master s in Physician Assistant Studies from Chatham University located in Pittsburgh, PA
– Certified in Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS), by the American Heart Association (AHA), in Basic Life Support (BLS), and in Screening, Brief Intervention and Referral to Treatment (SBIRT)
January 13, 2021
James is very friendly and approachable. Takes things very seriously but at the same time makes things light so I don t feel strange talking about meds. James is terrific! Please recognize him for doing such a great work!
January 11, 2021
December 8, 2020
Mr. Dowd is an excellent provider that has helped to completely turn my life around. He has prescribed and monitors the right medications I need to keep my ADHD and repetitive behaviors under control. I am very grateful to MindPath for employing competent providers like Mr. Dowd.
December 4, 2020
Professionally personal, really let's you explain and works with what you feel
November 11, 2020
I'm very happy with my experience
November 5, 2020
Mr. Dowd is a good listener. He understood my issues and has a positive outlook. I look forward to working with Mr. Dowd.
November 2, 2020
James is a compassionate young clinician
July 22, 2020
I really liked James. He took the time to talk to me. I highly recommend him.
June 11, 2020
It was fine
March 20, 2020
Great and warming first experience
February 29, 2020
Mr. Dowd was great!