About Cynthia Starling, MSW, LCSWCynthia has over eighteen years of experience providing clinical assessment and individual, family, and group counseling services to children, adults, couples, and families with ten years in private practice. She enjoys working with patients to empower them to make changes to improve their thinking patterns and management of emotions. Previously, Cynthia worked in child protective services as a social worker, supervisor, and clinical social worker working with intact families, children and families in the foster care system, foster/adoptive parents, and community agencies. She has specialized training in trauma/loss and grief through NC Child Protective Services Training, the National Institute for Trauma and Loss in Children, and the Advanced Bereavement Facilitator Program. Cynthia is also a member of the National Association of Social Workers and the American Association of Christian Counselors and enjoys providing Christian counseling with a biblical focus when requested.
Education & Certifications
– Masters of Social Work from East Carolina University
– Bachelor of Arts in Psychology from UNC Chapel Hill
– Completed Applied Control Theory Week One Intensive and Practicum I
– Certified in Trauma and Loss
- Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder
- Anxiety / Panic Disorders
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) Technique
- Depressive Disorders
- Adjustment Disorder (major life change, grief, divorce)
- Developmental / Intellectual Disorders - Includes Autism Spectrum Disorders and Learning Disorders
- Bipolar Disorders
- Issues with Parent / Child
- Developmental D/O
- Obsessive Complusive Disorder
- Family Therapy
- Post-Partum Depression
- Single Incident/Shock
- Interpersonal Violence
- Developmental Trauma/Complex PTSD
- Couples / Relationship / Marital Counseling
- Pregnancy / Post-Partum Conditions
- PTSD / Trauma and Stress Related Disorders
Don’t see your plan? Call us at 855-501-1004 to see if you are covered.
Insurance plans may vary by location and are subject to change.
October 22, 2021
Cynthia is awesome!
October 13, 2021
She always has MY best interest!!!
July 15, 2021
The counselor is very helpful
May 31, 2021
Patient and understanding. Kind and compassionate
May 18, 2021
Cynthia Starling is an EXCELLENT therapist!
May 5, 2021
Too many wonderful moments to highlight only one! Thank you Cynthia for all you do!
March 2, 2021
I m grateful for every moment. Every time I go she delivers what I need for that particular ring even without me saying anything about it. I think she has what I need to get me to a place I need and should be.
February 19, 2021
I really enjoy talking to Cynthia. I feel comfortable with the conversations and think she can truly help
January 25, 2021
Cynthia is great!
January 19, 2021
I feel comfortable talking to Cynthia. I m looking forward to working with her to hopefully feel better and happy
January 11, 2021
She is an awesome therapist!