About Christine Buzitsky, MSW, LCSW
Christine is a Licensed Clinical Social Worker, who believes that therapy is a partnership between the therapist and patient to explore opportunities that will create change for success. She feels that once a person has a relationship that they feel comfortable sharing their hopes, dreams, and/or concerns, doors that they felt were once closed can be opened to unlock endless opportunities in their life. Christine’s approach is to partner and work as a guide to explore and uncover strengths that will empower someone to make changes for success on their personal journey through life. She feels it is important to individualize the therapy techniques and approaches that will align with the beliefs and personal values that each person has. Christine works with children, adolescents, adults, couples, and families in different environments utilizing multiple therapeutic techniques to assist people in finding new paths in life that allow for personal growth and productive changes.
Education & Certifications
– Master of Social Work from Fordham University
– Bachelor of Social Work from Lehman College
– Trained in Identification and Reporting of Child Abuse and Maltreatment
– Training in Play Therapy
– Training in Crisis Intervention Theory, Practice, and Techniques
– Training in Suicide and the Medically Ill
– Training in Working with Oppositional Defiant Teens
– Training in Emtala/Cobra Compliance
– Training in Developing IEP and 504 Plans
– Training in DBT and ACT therapy techniques
- Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder
- Anxiety / Panic Disorders
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) Technique
- Depressive Disorders
- Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT) Technique
- Adjustment Disorder (major life change, grief, divorce)
- Developmental / Intellectual Disorders - Includes Autism Spectrum Disorders and Learning Disorders
- Bipolar Disorders
- Cognitive D/O/ Dementia
- Dissociative Disorders
- Pain D/O
- Personality D/O
- Issues with Parent / Child
- Developmental D/O
- Family Therapy
- Post-Partum Depression
- Single Incident/Shock
- Interpersonal Violence
- Developmental Trauma/Complex PTSD
- Couples / Relationship / Marital Counseling
- Pregnancy / Post-Partum Conditions
- PTSD / Trauma and Stress Related Disorders
Don’t see your plan? Call us at 855-501-1004 to see if you are covered.
Insurance plans may vary by location and are subject to change.
October 22, 2021
Christine is wonderful! Christine is very professional and shows empathy.
September 11, 2021
July 30, 2021
She is very attentive and informative.
July 2, 2021
Christine is always attentive and polite.
June 9, 2021
She is always considerate, kind, and professional.
May 7, 2021
I love my therapist!
March 19, 2021
Christine is AMAZING... we love her, she has helped my daughter for many many years, as has Dr. A.
January 13, 2021
She is a fantastic therapist.